Full-Time Express Deputy Manager – Bedford
I lead my team, making decisions every day that supports my colleagues to do their jobs and puts a smile on their faces as they deliver a great Shopping Trip for customers.
I am the Store Manager designate and work a 5/7 rota to ensure I see all of my staff and customers throughout the working week.
I work for:
The team who work for me:
• Team Leaders
• Customer Assistants
What I do :
• I lead and coach my team to deliver the Shopping Trip for customers, by ensuring great service, standards and availability.
• I contribute to the stores Steering Wheel performance by delivering all key performance indicators.
• I lead a team, making decisions every day that support them to do their jobs.
• I ensure all the processes; routines and systems for my store are completed accurately and at the right time.
• I carry out all people management activities for my team.
• I plan all seasonal, trade driving and promotional activities to achieve maximum sales, impact, and presentation and manage service to customers.
• I am aware of weather changes and react swiftly to minimise impact to the customer
• I coach my team to maintain good store standards both in the warehouse and on the shop floor.
• I ensure I have the right people in the right place at the right time.
• I ensure legal compliance by maintaining the cold chain at all times
• I ensure the correct security and product protection procedures are followed for high value stock.
• I am responsible for all safe and legal routines for my store, ensuring plans are in place to address identified issues
• I support change in the store through the successful delivery of Direct to Store and Business Plan activity
• I am trained, validated and participate in the Duty Manager rota for the store
• I Manage the Cash process for the store
• I ensure Compliance routines are followed and daily standards reflect this.
How I do it
• I work ‘shoulder to shoulder’ with my team to coach them on what good looks like
• I make sure my team are trained and give them confidence in their capabilities and pride in their achievements
• I care about people and treat everyone with respect
• I help my team make a difference for our customers
• I listen and share ideas with my team.
Candidate ProfileLeadership skills required:
* Improves business for Customers
* Ability to create simple and affordable plans to deliver continuous improvement
* Able to use their experience, analysis and judgment to make decisions
* Gets things done by showing determination and urgency
* Constantly looks for opportunities to deliver continuous improvement
Takes People With Them:
* Sets clear business objectives to deliver results
* Can gain commitment from others to achieve results
* Effectively coach and support others
• Up to 4 weeks annual holiday – increases with length of service
• Shares in Success – after one years service, you will receive free shares in Tesco.
• Save as you earn – we have a fantastic savings scheme. After a year with us you can start saving for either three years or five years and receive a tax free bonus at the end. You can then use your savings and bonus to buy Tesco shares at a reduced cost.
• Buy as you earn – after three months’ service you can save each month and buy Tesco shares at market price which are held in a trust for as long as you want.
• Pensions – unlike most schemes, your pension with Tesco Pension Builder does not depend on the performance of the stock market or other investments. You make a tax free contribution from your salary and Tesco also makes one, ensuring your total fund increase is at least in line with inflation. Your pension pays out when you retire and you can, if you want swap part of it for a tax-free cash lump sum.
• Staff Discount – Once you have been with us for 6 months, we will give you a Tesco Staff Privilege card. This entitles you to 10% off all of your shopping at Tesco, food, electrical and online.Reference: 1245114
Location: BEDFORD Area
Salary: Starting from £19,000+ (Depending on experience) Opportunity to earn up to 20% bonus every 4 weeks
Sector: All Stores
Apply before: Wednesday, 2 May 2012