Full-Time Production Operative – Bedford
£Comprehensive + Benefits
The UK’s largest private brewery, Wells and Young’s, founded in 1876 makes “special beers for special occasions”. We have frequently won quality and consumer awards for our brands which include Bombardier, Young’s, McEwan’s and Courage. We are looking to bolster our award winning Production team with Production Operatives.
This is a great opportunity to join the production team at Wells and Young’s and to develop a variety of diverse skills within a production environment.
Reporting to the Process Leader and working a 4 shift pattern, you will be responsible for the operation of the packaging lines of our ales and lagers.
This role will require you to:
- Work as part of a team to ensure that production targets are met
- Perform duties necessary to carry out packaging of products within quality parameters according to the program
- Prepare and run packaging machines in line with standard operating procedures
- Monitor standard of packaging to ensure specifications are met
- Assist in / carry out line changeovers between products
- Undertake and / or deliver training as required for self development and that of others
- Identify / initiate / support continuous improvement activity
- Assist other team members in carrying out tasks
- Carry out other duties as reasonably required
- Uses skills and experience to correct operational problems where possible and escalate to management / engineers / senior operator
- Carries out all operator quality checks and records all required line / machine documentation as per the relevant procedure.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Previous experience of machine operation and production activity
- Hold a current FLT Licence
- GCSE / or equivalent in English and Maths (C or above)
- IT Literate
- Previous experience of working in a food manufacturing environment is desirable
- The right to work in the UK